It’s a new year, and unfortunately, February is where we tend to lose focus on the resolutions we made for ourselves.
This is a common problem that occurs specifically when we have not seen the results we set out to obtain at the beginning of January. If this sounds like you, we’ve got the tips you need to hear!
First, start out by having a clear understanding as to what your Fitness Goal is.
Having both a quantifiable goal, as well as the emotional reason as to why this is important to you (lose 20 pounds before your wedding, gain 10 pounds of muscle before your vacation, etc.)
Once you have this figured out, you are ready to start planning a program. This program should be specifically tailored to reach your personal goal.
A Fitness Program is much more than just a cardio and resistance training plan. When creating a program, you will want to include:
- Proper Warmup/Muscle Activation
- Cardiovascular Training
- Strength/ Resistance Training
- Core Stability
- Stretching/Flexibility/ Foam Rolling
- Nutrition and Supplementation
When creating your own program, logging everything will allow you to track progress and keep accountable. Things to log include:
- Body composition - Weight/body fat/measurements
- Food Logging - MyFitnessPal works great for this, and sets you up with a personalized caloric goal
- Calendar of workout schedule - what you will be training on each day/time
- Weight/sets/reps - Keeping track of where you’re at to make sure you are progressing
Now you can start creating your plan!
As you start to design your program, make sure to always have your goal in mind to set yourself up for success. If you previously had no physical exercise in your day-to-day life, make sure to start slow, and allow time to recover. Always keep in mind that this plan needs to be specific to you, and that a program found online may not be tailored to your specific goals/needs.
Good luck! If this still sounds to daunting, we can do the work for you! Book in a complimentary Goal Assessment and start working with a Personal Trainer today!