Life can get busy, we get it! However, if you want to see your fitness goals coming to life, you will have to commit to a healthy diet and workout plan regardless of how much free time you have daily!
To help you stick to your diet plan even with a busy lifestyle, we've curated 4 healthy and delicious recipes that you can make under 10 minutes. Get ready to cook!
2-Minute Omelette In A Mug
Recipe via Scattered Thoughts Of A Crafty Mom
Short on time but still want to have a high-protein breakfast? This is the perfect recipe for you! Mix all ingredients in a mug and microwave it. It couldn't get easier!
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of meat, diced
- 1 Tbsp of salsa
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheese
- olive oil or cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add eggs to mug and whisk together with a fork
- Add diced meat, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk till all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds or until eggs are set.
- Top with a bit more cheese, salt and pepper
Poached Egg and Avocado Toast
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
Everyone has eggs in the fridge! Why not turn them into a delicious egg and avocado toast combo? Try this recipe next time you need a quick protein-packed dinner!
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper for topping
- fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, or basil) for topping
- quartered heirloom tomatoes for serving
- Bring a pot of water to boil (use enough water to cover the eggs when they lay in the bottom). Drop the metal rims (outer rim only) of two mason jar lids into the pot so they are laying flat on the bottom.
- When the water is boiling, turn off the heat and carefully crack the eggs directly into each rim. Cover the pot and poach for 5 minutes (4 for super soft, 4:30 for soft, 5 or more for semi-soft yolks).
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast. When the eggs are done, use a spatula to lift the eggs out of the water.
- Gently pull the rim off of the eggs (I do this right on the spatula, over the water) and place the poached eggs on top of the toast.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs; serve with the fresh quartered heirloom tomatoes.
Vegan 10-Minute Fudge
Recipe via Vegan Sparkles
Is your sweet tooth making you cheat on your healthy diet often? Try this healthy and easy dessert next time the craving comes and you need a quick guilt-free treat!
- ½ cup organic Desiccated Coconut (pure and unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 small Bananas, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw Cacao Powder
- 5 or 6 Medjool Dates, pitted (pre-soaking is optional but does make it easier on your food processor)
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Blend all ingredients on low speed in a food processor until well combined and a kind of sticky 'dough' forms.
- Remove mixture from food processor and spread in a flat dish using a spatula. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover dish and store in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove and eat as you please! NOM!
Paleo 3-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
Recipe via Paleomg
A 3-ingredient pancake that is high in protein and paleo-friendly! A delightful and simple way to hit your daily macro targets.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon butter (or other oil - to grease the pan)
- Mix together bananas, eggs, and protein powder until well combined.
- Place a pan or pancake griddle over medium heat. Grease the pan with a bit of oil. Once pan is hot, add a large spoonful of the pancake mixture to the pan, about 3-5 inches wide.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the pancakes.
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them. Cook for about 1 minute each side, depending how hot the pan is.
- Regrease the pan, as needed.