The philosophy around the Paleo diet is all about going back to our roots as hunters and gatherers. It focuses on eating lean protein, fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds, and skipping all processed foods, dairy, refined sugar, grains and legumes.
Whether you're an avid Paleo follower, just starting to learn what all the fuss is about, or simply love to eat clean, these recipes are quick-and-easy to prep, nutrient packed, and all Paleo-friendly.
Paleo Smoothie Bowl
- ½ banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp acai extract powder
- ½ scoop protein powder (whey proteins are Paleo-friendly)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Blend all ingredients (should be thick) and serve into a bowl
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
Easy Avocado “Toast”
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
1 sweet potato, wash and slice in long pieces (med-thick)
Brush each side of the potato pieces with olive oil, place on baking sheet, baked for 20 to 30 minutes (until cooked through). When done, let stand to cool for 5 min. Then plate.
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, mashed
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of chilies into the mashed avo (optional) – blend.
- Spread over the sweet potato pieces.
- 2 cups mixed greens blend (your fave)
- ½ cup carrot, julienned
- 1 tbsp dressing (olive oil, herb, lemon – see above)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Fiesta Paleo Pot
We love this protein-packed, super simple, Paelo-friendly dish. Add in extra veggies or a side salad to bulk up.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (1/2- to 3/4-inch thick) skinless cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower, small chopped
- 1 cup zucchini slices, med thick
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 avocado, sliced (topping)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves or cilantro (garnish)
Pat the fish dry with paper towel. Sprinkle evenly with the cumin, salt, and pepper on both sides.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat (not high heat – it will burn).
Place the fish in the pan and sear for 1 minute. Flip and sear for 1 minute on the other side. Transfer to a plate and set aside (the fish will not be cooked through).
Add the garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Add the red wine vinegar and water.
Use a wooden spoon to scrape any garlic from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the lemon juice, salsa, peppers and zucchini.
Return the cod fillets and any accumulated juices to the pan. Simmer uncovered until the fish is opaque and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Place a piece of fish in each bowl and spoon the salsa and veggies on top around it. Sprinkle with the oregano and serve immediately.
Pro tip: warm the serving bowls in the oven at 250F for 10 min before serving keep the fish warm as you enjoy.
Lemon Chicken Toss
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt and
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, quartered and juiced (about 1⁄4 cup fresh juice), keep quarters after juicing
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp minced)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 2 cups bell peppers (red, orange, yellow)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Sprinkle Kosher salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary on each side of chicken breasts.
Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add chicken breasts. Brown for about 4 minutes per side (until golden brown). Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
Add chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic to skillet and stir, then add chicken back to the skillet, along with the used lemon quarters. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
Add broccoli, peppers to the skillet, stir, after 2 minutes add the mushrooms. Cook until broccoli is bright green and tender and chicken is cooked through (total of about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove lemon quarters.
Serve in warmed bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
About Blended For You: Nutritionally balanced, superfood boosted frozen smoothie packs delivered direct to your home or office. Life gets busy and you’ve got health goals. We’ve got you covered. Order online at www.blendedforyou.com.
SNFC Members get 10% off Blended for You smoothie orders. Check out the deal in our app or use the code SNSC10% at checkout.