If peppermint and chocolate combined don't remind you of the season of giving, then we're not sure what does! But the Peppermint Mocha that you get from many coffee shops is laden with sugar and other inflammatory ingredients.
And if you're the type of person who loves to start your day off with a cup of coffee (and maybe skip out on breakfast to accomodate your 10 meetings pre-noon), then we have the perfect hunger-quencher that is full of healthy fats, protein and antioxidants to get your day off to the perfect start!
Other benefit? It won't take more than 5 minutes to make and will keep that $5 you'd normally spend on coffee to save for holiday gifts!
Peppermint Mocha, Bulletproof-Style
- 1 cup hot coffee OR 2 shots espresso (if using espresso shots, you'll need to also add hot water to make it an americano)
- 1/4 cup warmed, unsweetened nut milk of your choice (we love cashew milk!)
- 1 tbsp. raw cocoa/cacao powder + 1 tsp. pure maple syrup OR 2 tbsp. of your favourite chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp. collagen powder
- 1 tsp. coconut oil OR MCT oil
Put it all in your favourite blender and enjoy. The mix of oil + collagen gives the perfect froth.
Serving this for a healthy holiday brunch? Sprinkle with a little cocao powder and crumbled candycane for a little added elegance!
Schedule in some time for a free nutrition assessment to keep your eating on track this holiday season!