While fitness is to be embraced and enjoyed by all genders, it is women who tend to make most significant health-based decisions for their families by influencing and purchasing health and fitness related activities and products.
Women are known for their dedication to the well being of those around them, selflessly nurturing with love and support. Whether a mom or elder care provider, a student or professional (or somehow juggling all those roles and more), women have a tendency to wear multiple hats and manage multiple tasks, typically putting others before themselves.
It is for these reasons and more, we celebrate women and their dedication to the health and well being of their families and communities. In recognition of International Women’s Day (March 8), we will honour and support women in a special way.
Our main event, "Be Your Own Hero," will be held at Park Royal Sports Club, 5:30PM - 7:30PM. All women (members and one non-member guest) are encouraged to sign up for this inspiring evening of women’s information, support, inspiration and empowerment. Here’s what to expect:
Cool Stuff: Vendor displays and demos featuring Skoah, Booster Juice, David’s Tea and Sage
Inspiring Words: A warm welcome and motivational words from Caroline MacGillivray, founder and executive director of Beauty Night Society.
A Superhero Sweat: Our own Group Fitness Manager for North/West Van, Fawn Gill, will guide you through a multi-level cardio/strength HIIT style Boot Camp followed by a yoga inspired Self-care Stretch. Be prepared to feel like you can take on the world!
Can’t make it on March 18? No worries – we are continually supporting women’s health and fitness through multiple avenues of services and programming:
- Child minding at most locations
- A dedicated private Women’s Only section at 8 locations
- Personal trainers specializing in women’s fitness, such as the female athlete and pre/post natal fitness
- Group fitness classes that meet the needs of all fitness levels and all components of fitness, for example:
- Cardio formats for heart health such as 20/20, Tabata and Group Cycling
- Muscle toning and strengthening formats such as Le Barre and Buff Body
- High energy dance formats such as Zumba! and Street Dance
- Stress reducing mind/body formats such as YIN Yoga and Pilates
- Unique adventurous formats such as Aerial Yoga, Axle Loaded and JumpSport Circuit
Visit www.snclubs.com/classes for all class descriptions and schedules, and talk to one of our fitness professionals for a consultation and assessment today. You deserve it!