Bring on the summer with this fresh and simple zucchini noodle salad!
Best served cold, this recipe is perfect to pack up for your next picnic. Many store-bought pasta salads are covered in heavy cream-based or high sodium dressings.
We’ve kept it light by substituting traditional pasta with a zucchini noodle and adding fresh produce to highlight the large selection of in-season vegetables.
Feel free to switch up the ingredients based off of what’s available at your local grocery store or farmer's market. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (for 3/4 cup):
- 73 calories
- 3.5 g fat
- 7.5 g carbs
- 3.5 g protein
- 2-3 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
Optional : for extra omega 3’s, (healthy fats), add in some sliced avocado.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer, cut zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. If you don’t have a spiral veggie slicer, peel zucchini into super-thin strips, rotating the zucchini as you slice it.
- Place zucchini noodles in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients (except dressing) and mix well.
- Add dressing, and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until chilled.
Making healthy choices and regular exercise are a successful combination that can help pave the way to your fitness goals. Our Personal Trainers will help you eat smarter with a nutrition plan that enhances your training plan. Contact us for a free meal plan and goal assessment during an upcoming visit.