You may have seen smoothie bowls popping up on social media or on menus at cafes recently… but what’s all the hype about?
Smoothie bowls are one of the biggest breakfast trends out there – but for good reason. Whether they are packed with tropical fruit, leafy greens, or a combo of both, these super-bowls are filling, nutrient-dense, and absolutely delicious.
Beat the breakfast blues with this blissful blueberry smoothie bowl!
The base, made with blueberries, packs an antioxidant punch to up your energy levels. The cashew butter provides heart-healthy fats and essential amino acids, which play a role in the growth and repair of healthy tissues. To further boost your nutrient intake, top with ingredients like goji berries, cacao nibs, slivered almonds, chia seeds, or toasted coconut.
Yield: 1 serving | Calories: ~360/serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ banana
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a blender, blend blueberries, ½ banana, water, cashew butter, and vanilla extract together in a blender until smooth; pour into a bowl.
- Top smoothie with sliced banana, almonds, and conconut.
- To make a smoothie that’s best eaten with a spoon (on the thick side), use slightly less liquid than usual.
- Smoothie bowls are best enjoyed right away, however they can be prepared in the morning and taken to work in a jar or airtight container (and stored in the refrigerator) for a snack.
Making healthy choices and regular exercise are a successful combination that can help pave the way to your fitness goals. Our Personal Trainers will help you eat smarter with a nutrition plan that enhances your training plan. Contact us for a free meal plan and goal assessment during an upcoming visit.