If you are having a party but want to offer up a few health-conscious options for your guests, this guilt-free 7 layer dip will be a perfect addition to your party spread.
By substituting several of the traditional 7-layer dip ingredients with fresher and lighter options, you will be skimping out on calories, but not sacrificing any flavour. Olé!
Yield: 40 servings | Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 (8 ounce) container of fat-free sour cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet of taco seasoning
- 5 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and mashed
- 3 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
- 2 (11 ounce) cans of corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup of chunky salsa
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can of sliced black olives, drained
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions
- 1 Roma (plum) tomato, chopped
- Mix together the sour cream, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, taco seasoning, hot pepper sauce, and ½ of the lemon juice in a bowl until well-blended.
- In another bowl, mash the avocado with the remaining lemon juice; set aside.
- Spread the shredded lettuce over a 12-inch serving platter.
- Layer the black beans evenly on top, followed by the corn.
- Spread the prepared sour cream mixture over the corn.
- Gently spread the avocado mixture on top of the sour cream.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle the Mexican cheese blend, olives, green onions, and tomato on top.
- You can refrigerate the completed dish for up to 2 days.
- If you have any leftovers after the party, you can add a little bit of the mixture to a bed of lettuce for a salad, or use it as veggie dip for a snack.
- If you don’t have any sour cream on hand, you could substitute it with plain Greek yogurt (full fat works best).