Healthy eating doesn't mean missing out on your holiday favourites.
With some simple additions, you can spice up your go-to smoothie to bring in the holiday cheer. With this Gingerbread Spiced Protein Smoothie, get the flavours of the season, with an immune boost from the ginger, and vitamins and minerals like iron and calcium from blacktrap molasses!
Prep time: 5 mins | Total time: 5 mins | Serves: 1
- 1 medium banana
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (We suggest dotFIT Whey Smooth in Vanilla Creme)
- 1.5 cups almond milk (unsweetened vanilla is our fave)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- A dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 drops liquid stevia or 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds or ground flax to make smoothie thicker (optional)
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smoothie is completely smooth.
Source | theleancleaneatingmachine.com